Why Get the Best Checking Account in Henderson after Getting a Raise
If you recently received a pay raise, you've also earned a self-congratulatory pat on the back. Take the advice of the financial counselors at Clark County Credit Union: Reward yourself in some manner, albeit in moderation. Then make that raise pay long-term dividends by making five practical moves, the first of them being, opening the best checking account in Henderson.
Saving makes good financial "cents"
Once you receive your first paycheck after the raise has gone into effect, the financial advisers at Clark Country Credit Union can help you "spread the wealth" by making these five practical money moves:
- Pay off or at least pay down high-interest debt. There is a good reason financial experts advocate getting rid of debt first; loans almost always carry a higher interest rate than any investment -- except, perhaps, for a 401(k). So look at high interest rates as a return on your “pay raise money.” Begin with the debt that carries the highest interest rate while making minimum payments on the rest. When you've eliminated that debt, move on to the one with the next highest interest rate.
- Start contributing to a retirement plan or increase your contribution to an existing one. The financial advisers at Clark County Credit Union stand ready to help you decide which tack is better for your particular situation: a 401(k), an IRA, a Roth IRA or a combination. The first of these is often touted as "free money" because employers match contributions, but all options offer compounding returns and tax breaks.
- Establish or add to an emergency fund. You have probably heard the conventional wisdom about stashing away enough money to pay all of your bills and expenses for six to nine months. If this goal is out of reach, try to set aside at least $2,000 in easy-to-access cash; $5,000 would give you even more breathing room.
- Open or increase your contribution to a flexible-spending account. Like 401(k) contributions, flexible-spending accounts offer the enticement of tax-free money – in this case, to pay for medical expenses for the year.
- Open the best checking account in Henderson. With a minimum deposit of only $50, you can immediately reap the benefits of all our free features including:
- A debit card
- Online banking and bill-paying
- Remote check deposits
- Monthly e-statements
- Mobile banking
The best checking account in Henderson offers other advantages too, more than the limited offerings at any bank. A partial list includes:
Open the best checking account in Henderson
Stop by or call Clark County Credit Union at 702-228-2228 and one of our financial advisers will most certainly give you another pat on the back for earning a pay raise. Then they will get to work on helping you compound the returns and open the best checking account in Henderson.