CCCU 2021: A Year of Giving Back
As the year ends, the credit union’s philanthropic group, CCCU Cares, reflects on its mission to help those in our Las Vegas community who are underprivileged/underserved especially those involving our key employer groups.
In 2021, many in our community were still experiencing hardships due to the pandemic and other economic downturns. Looking back at the year, Clark County Credit Union would like to thank our employees and members who made these community projects possible. We have served some amazing non-profit organizations and supported many local individuals and families in need.
CCCU Employee and Member Donations
- $2,500 Injured/Fallen Police Officers fund donation,
- $1,205 raised for Spread the Word Nevada along with 10 boxes of books for donation,
- 105 boxes of cereal donated from employees to Project 150,
- $5,000 Donation to Project 150,
- 6,298 School supplies donated by employees and members,
- $1,725 donated by employees and members for school supplies,
- 1,000 hygiene kits to Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth,
- 1,000 hygiene kits to Project 150,
- 750 hygiene kits to Shade Tree,
- $1,675 fundraising donation to Children’s Miracle Network,
- $2,500 Donation to Lighthouse Charities,
- 277 pajamas donated to Olive Crest from employees and members,
- $7,500 Happy Bonus Days total distributions sent to five charities: Ronald McDonald House,
- Project 150, Cure for Kids, Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth (NPHY),
and Nevada Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (NSPCA)
CCCU employees receive up to 8 hours of paid time off to volunteer at credit union events each year, and for 2021 our employees donated 182.73 hours of time to the following in-person volunteer events:
- 13 employee volunteers at Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) to prepare fresh dinners,
- 7 employee volunteers at Spread the Word Nevada to clean used books,
- 14 employee participants for the annual Runnin’ for the House 5k to support RMHC,
- 9 employee volunteers at Project 150’s Betty’s Boutique,
- 6 employee volunteers at Serving Our Kids to prepare meal bags,
- 6 employee volunteers at Three Square Food Bank to prepare meal bags,
- 20 employee participants at the Candlelighters Superhero 5k,
- 6 employee volunteers for Green Our Planet school garden projects,
- 12 employee volunteers for the Goodie 2 Shoes school event,
- 11 employee participants at the Annual Day of Caring project for NPHY and Project 150,
- And 16 employees assembled 2,500 hygiene kits for various non-profits.
- $1,000 Roseman University Roadrunner Resource Center Sponsorship,
- $5,600 Roseman Neighborhood Health Series Sponsorship,
- $7,000 Smart Start Scholarships (7 students who were also CCCU members received $1,000 education scholarships),
- $2,500 Ronald McDonald House Charities Runnin’ for the House Sponsorship,
- $1,500 Green Our Planet sponsorship for a school garden at Keller E.S.,
- $1,000 Nevada Police and Fire Games Sponsorship,
- $3,000 Wonder Women of Metro sponsorship,
- $2,500 Goodie 2 Shoes sponsorship to provide shoes and socks for 400 underprivileged elementary students,
- $605 Candlelighters sponsorship for their Superhero 5k,
- $250 Scholarship donation to Veterans Tribute Career and Technical Academy,
- And $2,500 Children’s Miracle Network Donation.
While this year was still challenging in many ways, CCCU Cares and the CCCU employees and members helped make it a little brighter for numerous individuals in Southern Nevada.
Interested in charitable giving?
Learn more about charitable giving