What Can I Do to Protect My Accounts from Fraud?
During times of uncertainty, your safety and your account security is Clark County Credit Union’s top priority. As we encourage our members to stay safe, we want to remind you that we provide a variety of free tools within CCCU Online Banking and our Mobile app to help avoid unnecessary exposure to fraud.
Here are a few reminders to help keep your accounts safe:
Take Control of your Debit/Credit Card
- Use tools such as Bill Pay and Card Swap to monitor the payments completed with your debit or credit card. Both can be accessed through online/mobile banking.
If You Have Travel Changes and/or Cancellations
- Begin by contacting the merchant directly; they are being very flexible in resolving customer concerns. We’ll help you understand your rights.
Beware of Scams
- We will never ask for confidential information such as passwords, PIN, account number if we reach out to you directly.
- Look out for misspellings in emails or text, and don’t click on any links until the sender is verified.
Keep your Account Information Updated
- Verify your contact information with us is accurate so we can update you with any important information. You can go online to www.ccculv.org or call us at 702-228-2228. You will also need to have updated information with us to access your online banking.
Keep your Card Safe
- Use Chip Technology whenever possible. Chip technology transmits a unique code that validates each transaction, adding extra security to the transaction.
- Check your bank statements regularly.
- Report cards lost or stolen as soon as possible.
- Utilize Digital Wallets such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, LG Pay, Google Pay, FitBit and Garmin.
Ways We Keep Your Card Safe:
- Fraud Monitoring - Your card is monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week to better detect fraudulent activity. If we identify any unusual activity on your card, we will notify you via text or call.
- Zero Liability* - You won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges on your card.
- Replacement Card - If fraud is detected, a new card will be shipped to you right away.
If you feel you have been a victim of fraud and need to file a report you can do this by contacting us by phone at 702-228-2228, option 3. To report your card lost or stolen after hours call 866-238-5312.
*Visa’s Zero Liability policy does not apply to certain commercial card and anonymous prepaid card transactions or transactions not processed by Visa. Cardholders must use care in protecting their card and notify their issuing financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. Contact your issuer for more detail.