Is Mobile Banking Safe with a Bank Account in Las Vegas?
When opening a bank account in Las Vegas, customers want to know their information and money is safe. This includes mobile banking. Mobile banking is increasingly becoming the way bank, and credit union customers can manage their accounts, as it offers convenience and an alternative to visiting a regular branch location. But is it right for you?
How safe is mobile banking?
While customers may have security concerns surrounding mobile and online banking, the financial services industry works around the clock to keep their money safe. Credit Union Times reported on an Identity Theft Resource Center study that showed the banking and financial sector had a 26 percent decline in data breaches in 2016 compared to the previous year.
In addition to the lower number of breaches, the banking and financial sector had the smallest number of incidents out of all the five industry sectors studied.
Mobile banking security
Customers who use mobile banking can be reassured their financial institutions use rigid security precautions. These security procedures and tools include:
- Encrypting financial information. When you use a banking site, it employs a secure connection so any communication (such as checking balances and transferring money) between your device and the site is encrypted and protected.
- Multi-factor authentication. To guard customers from fraudulent activity, financial institutions have adopted multi-factor (also called two-factor) authentication. When logging into their account, customers must prove their identity through several steps, such as entering their passwords and then inputting a verification code sent to their mobile phone. Any hackers who have passwords, but lack the personal device of a customer, will not be able to access bank accounts not belonging to them.
You can also protect your bank account by reviewing your statement every month. In the event you have lost your debit/ATM card or believe your account has suspicious activity, call your bank or credit union immediately and report these incidents.
Benefits of mobile banking
With its easy-to-use features, mobile banking makes managing your bank account in Las Vegas more convenient.
These mobile banking features include:
- Remote check deposit. Clark County Credit Union (CCCU) offers a mobile banking function called SnapCheck Mobile Check Deposit. Simply take a picture or scan your check to deposit your money instead of traveling to a brick-and-mortar branch.
- Mobile bill pay. If you need to pay bills fast and don't have access to a desktop computer or are on the go, use your mobile device to send payments and avoid late fees.
- Check balances anywhere. Do you need to buy a big-ticket item, but aren't sure whether you can afford it? Pull out your mobile device and review your account balances before making that purchase.
With the safety of mobile banking and the convenience it offers, it's no wonder credit union customers are using these features regularly.
Open a Bank Account in Las Vegas with CCCU
To open a bank account in Las Vegas, contact CCCU at 702-228-2228. With multiple perks from mobile banking, to over $3 million in bonus dividends given back to members in 2016, CCCU is a the best option for a bank account in Las Vegas.