Enjoy Date Night Without Having to Dip Into Your Savings Account
Date night is a great time to connect and have fun with your partner, but the cost of going out can add up and put a strain on your wallet. These five affordable date night ideas are a blast and won’t put a dent in your savings account:
5 Date Night Ideas That Won’t Hurt Your Savings Account
1. Do dinner and a movie at home. There are tons of ways to spice up your date night without leaving the house. Choose a recipe you both want to try, and get cooking! You may be surprised by how much fun it is to cook together. Then, sit down, and enjoy your favorite movie while you enjoy a low-cost date night at home.
2. Swap babysitting services. Finding the time and money to go out when you have children can be challenging. Make a deal with friends and family members to trade babysitting services. You’ll save on childcare, which means you can enjoy date night more often!
3. Hit happy hour. Most bars and restaurants offer drink and food specials during happy hour, which usually ranges from about 4:00-7:00 pm. Order a drink and a couple of appetizers for a delicious date your savings account will thank you for.
4. Get outside. Nevada offers some of the most breathtaking natural wonders in the world, so pack a picnic, grab your bike or hiking boots, and explore amazing parks and recreation areas like the Clark County Wetlands Park, Red Rock Canyon or Mount Charleston.
5. Find free and low-cost activities. With a little research, you can find a plethora of unusual and inexpensive date night activities. The Regency Tropicana Theatre offers movies for only $2 every day, all day, and only $1 on Tuesdays! The Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Garden is free and open to the public, and features the unique sights and colors of spring, summer, fall, and winter, as well as a special display for Chinese New Year. The Pinball Hall of Fame will take you back to your childhood for only .50 to .25 cents a pop.
Date night doesn’t have to break the bank. For professional advice and support about budgeting, managing your expenses, opening a savings account, or any of our other financial services, contact Clark County Credit Union today at 702-228-2228.